Conditions Which Generate This Code:
This code indicates that the engine was shutdown due to an engine overspeed condition.
The Engine Control Module (ECM) detects the following conditions:
• Engine speed is greater than 2500 rpm.
• “Air Inlet Shutoff Relay Control” is programmed to J2/P2:13.
• There is no detected vehicle speed.
• There are no active vehicle speed faults.
• All required interlocks are set.
The ECM will disable the unit injectors and the ECM will activate the air inlet shutoff relay.
Possible Performance Effect:
The engine will shut down.
Talk to the Operator
Determine the reason for the engine overspeed.
• OK – The reason for the engine overspeed was determined. STOP.
• Not OK – The reason for the engine overspeed was not determined.
Repair: If there is a problem with the air inlet shutoff circuit, refer to Troubleshooting, “Air Inlet Shutoff Circuit – Test”.