Fault code information
1 trip MIL
3 drive cycle recovery
Readiness group – None
Freeze frame type – Cooling
Description of component(s)
The coolant temperature is measured in the coolant return gallery at the right rear end of the cylinder block.
Effect on the system:
* Calculates the quantity of fuel to inject and the injection timing
* Displays the coolant temperature to the driver
* Displays warnings to the driver concerning high coolant temperature
* Limits the engine torque when the coolant temperature is too high
* Limits the maximum engine speed when the engine is cold
* Enables condition for severity of (OBD) diagnostic checks
* Fast idle speed control
* Cold start aid
Location of component(s)
When sensor output voltage is too high (above 4.89 V)
Set condition of fault code
The PCI detects that the sensor output voltage is too high (above 4.89 V).
Reset condition of fault code
This fault code will change to inactive immediately after the diagnostic runs and passes.
* Faulty wiring
* Faulty connector
* Faulty sensor
No additional information available.