1. Clean the threaded holes for the main bearing cap bolts.
2. Lubricate the bearing shells with clean engine oil.
If installing a new crankshaft, always use new crankshaft main bearing shells, thrust washers and connecting rod bearing shells.
3. Screw two flywheel attachment bolts in the crankshaft as shown until they abut.
4. Carefully place the crankshaft in the cylinder block using a suitable hoisting tool.
Make sure that the crankshaft is evenly supported when lifting the crankshaft.
5. Lubricate the bearing journals using clean engine oil.
6. Install the main bearing caps in the original position.
Make sure that the main bearing cap surface is free of any debris.
7. Install the attachment bolts and tighten them to the specified torque.