1. Clean the sealing surface of the engine with the specified cleaning agent.
2. Apply the specified sealing agent to the indicated transition areas (A) on the junction of the cylinder block and front cover.
Assemble and tighten the parts within 10 minutes after applying the sealing agent.
3. Install the oil sump with the sealing rubber and the attachment ring upright.
4. Fit and hand tighten the attachment bolts.
5. Tighten the attachment bolts in the specified sequence to the specified torque.