– Coolant is toxic. Avoid prolonged or repeated contact with the skin. In case of contact, immediately wash the skin with soap and water. In case of eye contact, rinse with plenty of water. Do not ingest. If swallowed, seek immediate medical attention. Do not induce vomiting.
– Do not remove the radiator cap from a hot or running engine. When the coolant is hot, there is overpressure in the cooling system. It can cause scalding coolant to spray out and cause serious personal injury. Carefully remove the filler cap to release the overpressure.
If the engine has been operated within the last 30 minutes, be very careful when removing the radiator cap. Protect face, hands, and arms against escaping fluid and steam by covering the cap with a large, thick rag while carefully removing it.
– Handle coolant and antifreeze carefully. Ethylene glycol antifreeze is poisonous. Store it in the original fluid container only, and always keep it out of the reach of children. • Also, never remove the cap on the surge tank while the engine is still hot. Wait until the coolant temperature is below 50°C (120°F). Scalding steam and fluid under pressure may escape and cause serious personal injuries.
– In order to avoid damaging the engine block, do not fill up a warm engine with coolant.
Coolant is harmful to the environment. Unused coolant must be stored as a toxic hazardous substance in leak-proof containers. Used coolant must be processed as industrial chemical waste. Please follow HAZMAT guidelines both with used and unused coolants.