– Lubricating oil can cause skin irritation or skin injury.
– To prevent skin injury, avoid unnecessary contact with lubricating oil.
– Wear protective clothing, eyewear and gloves.
– Run the engine at idle speed for at least one minute, directly after maintenance or repairs of the lubrication system, to allow oil to reach all necessary components.
– Increasing the engine speed directly after maintenance or repairs of the lubrication system can cause damage to various engine components.
– Make sure that all consumers are switched off and the vehicle is in neutral gear position before starting the engine.
– Check if the red oil pressure warning in the instrument panel disappears within ten seconds; if not, key off the engine and investigate the problem.