Conditions Which Generate This Code:
This condition indicates that the battery circuit to the ECM has a battery condition that is intermittent
while the engine is running. If battery voltage disappears without returning, the ECM will not log this diagnostic code and the engine will shut down.
The ECM detects the following conditions:
• The key switch is in the ON position.
• The engine is running.
• The engine is not cranking.
• The ECM has been powered for at least three seconds.
The ECM will detect one of the following conditions:
• The battery voltage drops below 6 VDC for at least 0.50 seconds.
• Three voltage readings in the past seven seconds were below 6 VDC.
The ECM may stop injecting fuel. This may be dependent on the length of time of the occurrence of the fault.
The Check Engine Lamp and the Warning Lamp may come on as if the ignition key switch was just turned on and the engine started.
Possible Performance Effect:
The engine may experience changes in the engine rpm, and intermittent engine shutdowns or complete
engine shutdowns while the conditions that cause this diagnostic code are present.
Perform the following diagnostic procedure: “Ignition Key Switch Circuit and Battery Supply Circuit – Test”
• OK – STOP.