Turbocharger Number 1 Speed High – Data Valid but Above Normal Operational Range – Moderately Severe Level
|Fault Code: 595
Turbocharger Number 1 Speed High – Data Valid but Above Normal Operational Range – Moderately Severe Level. High turbocharger speed has been detected.
Engine power derate. The ECM uses an estimated turbocharger speed.
Turbocharger Number 1 Speed High Circuit
The turbocharger speed sensor is a variable reluctance speed sensor. It consists of a coil of wire and an iron core. The target on the turbocharger shaft is a ground flat in the center of the shaft.
The turbocharger speed sensor is mounted in the center housing of the turbocharger. Refer to Procedure 100-002 for a detailed component location view.
This fault can come active any time the key is on and the electronic control module (ECM) detects turbocharger speed greater than a calibration limit. This fault can be caused by failures in the following components:
- Turbocharger speed sensor
- Engine harness
- ECM power supply or grounds
- Electronic vehicle accessories which emit excessive electromagnetic interference.
This fault becomes inactive any time the ECM detects a valid turbocharger speed.
If the fault occurs intermittently:
- Look for causes of intermittent open circuit or short circuits in the turbocharger speed sensor circuit (including the speed sensor pigtail connector).
- Look for sources of electronic noise such as poorly installed vehicle electronic components.
- Ensure that vehicle chassis grounds are in good condition.
- Ensure that the ECM power supply and ground circuits are in good condition and that this power supply is not shared with other vehicle electronics.