1. Measure the piston pin to piston pin bushing.
2. Measure the piston pin diameter.
3. Measure the piston pin bushing inside diameter.
Use an inside micrometer.
4. Substract the piston pin diameter from the piston pin bushing inside diameter to obtain the clearance.
5. If the clearance is excessive, replace the piston and piston pin. Piston pins are available only with new pistons.
6. If the clearance is excessive with a new piston and piston pin, replace the connecting rod.
Piston pin bushings are available only with new connecting rods.