Fault code information
2 trip MIL
3 drive cycle recovery
Readiness group – None
Freeze frame type – Comprehensive
Description of component(s)
The oil temperature is measured in the oil module before the oil cooler.
Effect on the system
* Limitation of the engine torque when the oil temperature is too high.
Location of component(s)
This diagnostic runs:
* When the ignition has been keyed off continuously for at least 8 hours;
* Difference between the coolant temperature and ambient temperature is less than 15°C [59°F]
* Ambient temperature is more than -20°C [-4°F]
Set condition of fault code
The PCI ECU (D420) detects that the measured oil temperature differs by more than 3°C [37°F] from the average of other temperature sensor readings on the engine for more than 5 seconds (after the ignition has been keyed off for at least 8 hours).
Reset condition of fault code
The 8-hour ignition off diagnostics consists of three separate steps:
* The vehicle ignition may NOT be switched on or engine started for 8-10 consecutive hours (ideal situation would be overnight).
* Once the 8 to 10 consecutive hours have been reached, key on the ignition (NO engine start) and wait for 10 seconds to allow the system to power up and the diagnostics to run.
* Start the engine and let it idle for 2 minutes.
This DTC changes to inactive when the fault is no longer detected.
Oil temperature sensor deviation
For this diagnostic, the engine oil temperature sensor (F808) reading is compared with an average of other temperature sensors on the engine after the ignition has been keyed off for at least 8 hours.